This post contains affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy.
Best Tech Gifts for College Students
If you have a kiddo in college, I’m sure you’re wondering how you are going to find the perfect gift. To help, I put together this gift guide for the best tech gifts for college students.
All of these tech gadgets will help college students thrive while away from home–from an essential oil diffuser to help calm any situation to the Tile Finder that will keep all of their important gadgets from getting lost.
BEST TECH GIFTS FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS
- Power Bank: Portable power always comes in handy. And this one is especially great for a college student. This lightweight charger will charge their phone almost seven times before it runs out of juice and the high speed charging ports deliver the fastest possible charge.
- Grid-It Organizer: This handy gadget helps keep all of your electronics and cords organized so your college student won’t need to worry about misplacing an important charger again.
- Bamboo Tablet Stand for Computers: Prop up books, notes, or even a smart device to sit right next to the computer for easy studying with this handy tablet stand. The stand can even be set to eye level for perfect ergonomic placement as your student works.
- Phone Docking Station: This station has it all–a place to keep smart devices while they charge, as well as calendar cubes. The perfect way to organize a small desktop.
- Samsung Gear S2 Smartwatch: Stay up-to-date with text messages, calendar notifications, and more with the help of this smartwatch. The unique interface and rotating bezel make it easy to interact with your favorite apps and read notifications in an instant.
- Apple Watch: If you’d like a step up from the Samsung Smartwatch, this Apple Watch is the answer. With GPS, optical heart sensor, and a dual-core processor, this amazing watch will provide your college student with everything they need to stay organized and up-to-date.
- Sony Alarm Clock Radio: Make sure they make it to class on time with this cool digital alarm clock. On top of waking up to five different soothing nature sounds, they can even project the time on the ceiling if they’re too tired to roll over and look at the screen.
- Essential Oil Diffuser: An essential oil diffuser is a great way to keep your college student grounded. From providing calming scents after a stressful day to diffusing blends to help them sleep, essential oil is a great way to provide a little bit of therapy while they’re away. And don’t forget to pick up an Essential Oil Variety Pack to go along with the diffuser.
- Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 535 Easy(ish) Steps: From tips on renting their first apartment to learning about the world around them, this funny book is a must-have for every college student. This lighthearted book makes the “real world” a little bit more approachable for a young adult facing the world on their own for the first time.
- Smart Notebook: Combine the usefulness of handwritten notes with the convenience of digital notes with this amazing smart notebook. This high-tech notebook seamlessly transfers the words on the page into your college student’s device, making it easy to organize and share their work with others.
- Kindle Paper White: Make digital reading a little easier with this tablet, which is especially designed for reading. With a glare-free display and flush-front design, your college student will think they’re reading from a real book each time they turn on their device.
- Fitbit Charge 3 Activity Tracker: With 15 different exercise modes, this handy fitness tracker is great for an active student. They can easily measure calorie burn, track their heart rate, and get real time stats during their workouts. It even helps them track their sleep cycle and stay connected through a variety of apps that help them check the weather or answer calls and texts.
- On Wall Surge Protector: Keep all of your electronics safe with this tech gift. With four rotating outlets and two USB ports, your college student can easily keep their electronics charged and protected from power surges.
- JBL Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker: Take music anywhere with this speaker, which wirelessly connects up to two smartphones or tablets. And with the rechargeable battery and waterproof shell, you really can take the party anywhere.
- Laptop Backpack: There are so many amazing features to this tech-friendly backpack, from the external USB charger to the huge variety of organizational compartments inside. But the best part about this backpack is the anti-theft feature.
- Bluetooth Headphones: Whether they’re enjoying their favorite music or a great podcast, noise canceling headphones are a must at college. And with these handy headphones, there’s no need to battle with cords, all thanks to Bluetooth, of course.
- Fire TV Stick: Let your college student bring their favorite entertainment to their dorm room with this streaming device. The Fire TV Stick is a great way to stream movies and shows, all within a compact tech tool.
- iPhone Case & Wallet: College students are always on the go. This cell phone case makes it easy for them to take along a debit card, ID, or even some cash.
- Chromebook: Featuring the computing power of a laptop and the convenience of a tablet, this lightweight computer has everything your college student needs to get the job done. But the coolest part about this fun computer is that it quickly transforms from a laptop to a tablet thanks to the convertible touchscreen.
- PlayStation 4: College can’t be all work and no play! Make sure your student has some fun during their study breaks with this gaming system.
- Fujifilm Instax Mini 9: Give students a way to capture college life, with instant results, with this updated Polaroid camera. All they have to do is snap a photo and instantly print it.
- Polaroid ZIP Mobile Printer: Print digital photos on the go with this handy tech gadget. Simply connect a smart phone or tablet to the printer and instantly print physical photos from the digital files.
- Tile Finder: Find anything with this handy gadget including keys, smart devices, and more. Just attach the Tile to an item, then use your phone or the button on your Tile to find your lost item.
- Wacom Intuos Pro Digital Graphic Drawing Tablet: If you have an artistic student, they’ll love this cool tablet which allows them to make their drawings digital.
- Webcam: Make sure you get to see your college student’s face every once in a while by getting them a webcam. It’s a great way to keep in touch with your college student while they’re away from home.
Another great gift is to remind college students that they get Amazon Prime for FREE with their .edu email address. Head on over to Amazon Student for more information. College students also have access to textbooks with a steep discount.
Looking for additional ideas? Check out my B2S Tech Essentials For College Students.
What are your favorite tech gifts for college students? Share your ideas with everyone in the comments.