Connected: Parents Guide to Snapchat
Connected: A Parent’s Guide to Snapchat 2nd Edition covers it all. Learn about the appeal and the potential pitfalls Snapchat has for teens. This guide offers step by step instructions for setting up and using your Snapchat account. This new edition includes updates for Snapchat through March 31, 2016!
It is important that we teach our kids to be technologically responsible. That means as parents, we must understand the social media applications available to our kids so we can make informed decisions. If you have a preteen or teen, Snapchat is a platform you’ll want to know and understand.
Connected: A Parent’s Guide to Snapchat 2nd edition covers it all. This new edition includes updates for Snapchat through March 31, 2016!
It explains in detail this social media platform and the appeal of it for many teens. It covers potential pitfalls and offers suggestions for topics of discussion. This guide also offers step by step instructions for setting up and using your Snapchat account.
You’ll find answers to the following questions:
- What is Snapchat?
- Why is it so appealing for teens?
- Is it for kids?
- Should I be concerned that photos and videos disappear in seconds?
- How can I help my teens stay safe while using it?
- What are the potential downfalls for teens?
- What are some important things teens should understand?
Learn the Nuts and Bolts of Snapchat
- How to optimize Snapchat
- How to add friends
- How to send a snap
- How to view snaps receiveed from friends
- The difference between a Snap and a Story
- How to post a Story
- Snapchat for images, videos, and text
- Using filters
- Grabbing a screenshot of a Snap
- What to do if you receive unwanted snaps or are being harassed
Also included is a free “Our Home is a Safe Place” document so everyone in the family can discuss their thoughts on what they’d rather not have shared over social media.
Communication: Your Best Filter!